Organized at the initiative of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage Bogdan Zdrojewski, the Congress provides an occasion for the people of culture – artists, visionaries, managers, culture sector employees and all those interested in similar subjects – to reflect on the state and situation of Polish culture at the beginning of the 21st century. No field of culture could resist change brought by the systemic transformation in Poland and Poland’s accession to the European structures. The task of the Congress participants is to try to answer the question: What new challenges do audiences and makers of culture in Poland meet? What is the role of culture in Poles’ daily life? And also: Is it possible to develop a new strategy for the development of culture, based on dialogue and consultations with artists, representatives of the culture sector and its audiences.
The Congress website consists of four main sections, each of which is regularly updated and added new contents.
The main page contains a lot of information which is to provide inspiration and to serve as a source of knowledge for all those interested in Polish culture. The presented sections include:
* Cultural Events Calendar – it contains descriptions of the most interesting events which have influenced Polish culture in the recent years;
* Culture Management Dictionary – it gives explanations of terms used in cultural activities;
* Icons of Culture – it presents the works of Polish artists displayed in Zachęta National Art Gallery and in the regional Zachęta Fine Arts Societies, as well as in the Contemporary Art Centres, museums and galleries in Poland;
* Manager in Action Section – it is where you can find extensive interviews with young artists involved in cultural activity;
* Multimedia – among other things it shows footage of debates accompanying the Polish Culture Congress.
The website is updated on a regular basis and it contains the latest information on the Congress itself but also on the events which accompany the Congress.